If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious salad that you and your family will love, give this blanched kale salad a go.
- 6 large stalks of kale
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 dried cranberries
Salad dressing ingredients
- 2 Tbsp. cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. maple syrup or raw honey
- Salt and pepper
- De-stalk the kale and blanch the leaves in boiling water for 30 seconds, then quickly drain kale leaves in a colander and run cold water over it immediately to cool.
- Once cooled make sure to wring out all the water.
- Add this to a large bowl and toss through roughly chopped walnuts, sliced almonds and dried cranberries.
- In a jar make up the salad dressing. Pour this over the salad and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
If you give this a go, we'd love to see the result! Tag us in your pictures with @bepurewellness for your chance to be featured on our Instagram account.